Mejghan K. Haider is the Deputy Director of the NASA Research Park at NASA’s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California. The NASA Research Park (NRP), an integrated, dynamic research and education community located in the heart of Silicon Valley, cultivates diverse partnerships with academia, industry and non-profit organizations in support of NASA’s missions. As the Deputy Director of NRP, she manages and cultivates partnership development, land use planning, leasing, and property management.
Haider has worked at Ames since 1988 in different positions and in 1998 she joined the NASA Research Park (NRP) Office where she was involved in early planning of the park including the Environmental Impact Study, land use and business planning of the NRP. Haider has led the lease negotiation with Carnegie Mellon University to establish a west coast campus in the NRP. She was instrumental in developing leasing, business policies and practices for the park, she led the lease negotiation with Planetary Ventures “Google” to build a 1.2 million square foot R&D campus as well successful negotiation of a long term lease with Planetary Ventures to rehabilitate historic hangars at Moffett Field.
• U.S. General Services Administration national award for Real Property Innovation (for NASA Research Park) (October 2003)
• Exceptional Achievement Medal for NASA’s objectives for the NASA Research Park (May 2004)
• Group Achievement Award for Carnegie Mellon University Lease (May 2004)
• Group Achievement Award for Space Technology Center Development (May 2004)
• Silicon Valley Business Journal Structures Award “Deal of the Year for Google High Technology Campus” (2008)
• Exceptional Achievement Medal for leading the lease negotiation with Planetary Ventures “Google” (April 2009)
• Northern California Real Estate Women of Influence Award (2011)
• Group Achievement Award for leading NASA Research Park Integrated Product Team (July 2013)
• NASA Outstanding Leadership Medal (2016)